Faithlife (June 2011 – Present)
Awards; Shipping Award, Dynamic Growth Award, Edison Initiative Award.
Lead Software Developer (January 2014 – Present)
Manage other developers by conducting one-on-ones, annual reviews, reviewing code, and providing career guidance. Lead projects by setting ship dates, deliverables, and assigning work. Manage expectations of outside parties and keep them informed of the team’s progress. On-board new employees, mentor interns, conduct phone screens, assist with interviews, provide timely feedback to employees and their supervisors. Provide on call support for critical systems.
- Converted a monolithic web app into a multi-tenant web hosting platform
- Created a RESTful site management API
- Work with other departments to implement and ship various websites (verbum.com, noet.com, logoscloud.com, verbumcloud.com, de.logos.com, etc)
- Redesign the logos.com user account management interface
Software Developer (June 2011 – January 2014)
Implement new features while maintaining existing code. Work with a development lead to move projects forward.
- Completed a refactor of user account management code without interruption to account creation, sign-on, or session management
- Created a mobile device management API and implemented the UI for it at logos.com
- Developed RESTful calendar API for faithlife.com
- Implemented reply by email for faithlife.com
Bates Group, LLC (November 2006 – June 2011)
Lake Oswego, OR
Influenced and developed an internal application written in C# which streamlined work product creation. Worked independently on billable projects with short development cycles. Provided support for users and existing applications.
- Developed transactional input component for an internal application which decreased input team labor and increased accuracy
- Programmed solutions for multiple rush projects in Python
Contractor at Hewlett-Packard (June 2006 – November 2006)
Saved engineer time by providing first level triage of test and development systems. Worked as a middleman between engineers and users categorizing and gathering data on bugs and crashes.
Oregon State University (June 2006)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science